This research project is mainly focused on analyzing pricing policy and its impact on company’s profitability through collecting receipts from 3 different places in Kurdistan Region of Iraq/ Sulaimani to evaluate their pricing policy and its impact on generating profits and increasing sales on the one hand, and interviewing some accounting, and economy’s experts on the other. A hypothesis has been developed in which pricing policy affects profits and sales. The results indicated that pricing policy has an impact on profits and sales. And further information has been provided in the research.
- Asche, F., Sikveland, M., & Zhang, D. (2018). Profitability in Norwegian salmon farming: The impact of firm size and price variability. Aquaculture Economics & Management, 1-12.
- Borio, C., Gambacorta, L., & Hofmann, B. (2017). The influence of monetary policy on bank profitability. International Finance, 20(1), 48-63.
- Burja, C. (2011). FACTORS INFLUENCING THE COMPANIES'PROFITABILITY. Annales Universitatis Apulensis: Series Oeconomica, 13(2), 215.
- Baum, C. F., Caglayan, M., & Barkoulas, J. T. (2001). Exchange rate uncertainty and firm profitability. Journal of Macroeconomics, 23(4), 565-576.
- Capon, N., Farley, J. U., & Hoenig, S. (1990). Determinants of financial performance: a meta-analysis. Management science, 36(10), 1143-1159.
- Cao, J., So, K. C., & Yin, S. (2016). Impact of an “online-to-store” channel on demand allocation, pricing and profitability. European Journal of Operational Research, 248(1), 234-245.
- Deloof, M. (2003). Does working capital management affect profitability of Belgian firms?. Journal of business finance & Accounting, 30(3‐4), 573-588.
- De Grauwe, P., & Grimaldi, M. (2018). The exchange rate in a behavioral finance framework. Princeton University Press.
- Friedman, M. (2017). Price theory. Routledge.
- Goddard, J., Tavakoli, M., & Wilson, J. O. (2005). Determinants of profitability in European manufacturing and services: evidence from a dynamic panel model. Applied Financial Economics, 15(18), 1269-1282.
- Hesse, H., & Poghosyan, T. (2016). Oil prices and bank profitability: evidence from major oil-exporting countries in the Middle East and North Africa. In Financial Deepening and Post-Crisis Development in Emerging Markets (pp. 247-270). Palgrave Macmillan, New York.
- Lancioni, R., Schau, H. J., & Smith, M. F. (2005). Intraorganizational influences on business-to-business pricing strategies: A political economy perspective. Industrial Marketing Management, 34(2), 123-131.
- Modak, N. M., Panda, S., & Sana, S. S. (2016). Pricing policy and coordination for a distribution channel with manufacturer suggested retail price. International Journal of Systems Science: Operations & Logistics, 3(2), 92-101.
- Nagle, T. T., & Müller, G. (2017). The strategy and tactics of pricing: A guide to growing more profitably. Routledge.
- Özer, Ö., Ozer, O., & Phillips, R. (Eds.). (2012). The Oxford handbook of pricing management. Oxford University Press.
- Pham, J. N. (2018). The US Economic Paradox after the 2008 Financial Crisis: Expansion of Money without Inflation.
- Stöttinger, B. (2001). Strategic export pricing: a long and winding road. Journal of International Marketing, 9(1), 40-63.
- Selling, T. I., & Stickney, C. P. (1989). The effects of business environment and strategy on a firm's rate of return on assets. Financial Analysts Journal, 43-68.
- Solberg, C. A., Stöttinger, B., & Yaprak, A. (2006). A taxonomy of the pricing practices of exporting firms: Evidence from Austria, Norway, and the United States. Journal of International Marketing, 14(1), 23-48.
- van der Rest, J. P., Roper, A., & Wang, X. L. (2018). Why is a change of company pricing policy so hard to implement?. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 69, 30-40.
- Zhao, L., & Zhao, Y. (2018). Purchasing Power Parity and Price Fluctuations in China before July 1937. Frontiers of Economics in China, 13(3), 458-483.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.