Pricing Policy and Its Impact on Company’s Profitability, Case of Kurdistan Region of Iraq\ Sulaimani
This research project is mainly focused on analyzing pricing policy and its impact on company’s profitability through collecting receipts from 3 different places in Kurdistan Region of Iraq/ Sulaimani to evaluate their pricing policy and its impact on generating profits and increasing sales on the one hand, and interviewing some accounting, and economy’s experts on the other. A hypothesis has been developed in which pricing policy affects profits and sales. The results indicated that pricing policy has an impact on profits and sales. And further information has been provided in the research.
- Asche, F., Sikveland, M., & Zhang, D. (2018). Profitability in Norwegian salmon farming: The impact of firm size and price variability. Aquaculture Economics & Management, 1-12.
- Borio, C., Gambacorta, L., & Hofmann, B. (2017). The influence of monetary policy on bank profitability. International Finance, 20(1), 48-63.
- Burja, C. (2011). FACTORS INFLUENCING THE COMPANIES'PROFITABILITY. Annales Universitatis Apulensis: Series Oeconomica, 13(2), 215.
- Baum, C. F., Caglayan, M., & Barkoulas, J. T. (2001). Exchange rate uncertainty and firm profitability. Journal of Macroeconomics, 23(4), 565-576.
- Capon, N., Farley, J. U., & Hoenig, S. (1990). Determinants of financial performance: a meta-analysis. Management science, 36(10), 1143-1159.
- Cao, J., So, K. C., & Yin, S. (2016). Impact of an “online-to-store” channel on demand allocation, pricing and profitability. European Journal of Operational Research, 248(1), 234-245.
- Deloof, M. (2003). Does working capital management affect profitability of Belgian firms?. Journal of business finance & Accounting, 30(3‐4), 573-588.
- De Grauwe, P., & Grimaldi, M. (2018). The exchange rate in a behavioral finance framework. Princeton University Press.
- Friedman, M. (2017). Price theory. Routledge.
- Goddard, J., Tavakoli, M., & Wilson, J. O. (2005). Determinants of profitability in European manufacturing and services: evidence from a dynamic panel model. Applied Financial Economics, 15(18), 1269-1282.
- Hesse, H., & Poghosyan, T. (2016). Oil prices and bank profitability: evidence from major oil-exporting countries in the Middle East and North Africa. In Financial Deepening and Post-Crisis Development in Emerging Markets (pp. 247-270). Palgrave Macmillan, New York.
- Lancioni, R., Schau, H. J., & Smith, M. F. (2005). Intraorganizational influences on business-to-business pricing strategies: A political economy perspective. Industrial Marketing Management, 34(2), 123-131.
- Modak, N. M., Panda, S., & Sana, S. S. (2016). Pricing policy and coordination for a distribution channel with manufacturer suggested retail price. International Journal of Systems Science: Operations & Logistics, 3(2), 92-101.
- Nagle, T. T., & Müller, G. (2017). The strategy and tactics of pricing: A guide to growing more profitably. Routledge.
- Özer, Ö., Ozer, O., & Phillips, R. (Eds.). (2012). The Oxford handbook of pricing management. Oxford University Press.
- Pham, J. N. (2018). The US Economic Paradox after the 2008 Financial Crisis: Expansion of Money without Inflation.
- Stöttinger, B. (2001). Strategic export pricing: a long and winding road. Journal of International Marketing, 9(1), 40-63.
- Selling, T. I., & Stickney, C. P. (1989). The effects of business environment and strategy on a firm's rate of return on assets. Financial Analysts Journal, 43-68.
- Solberg, C. A., Stöttinger, B., & Yaprak, A. (2006). A taxonomy of the pricing practices of exporting firms: Evidence from Austria, Norway, and the United States. Journal of International Marketing, 14(1), 23-48.
- van der Rest, J. P., Roper, A., & Wang, X. L. (2018). Why is a change of company pricing policy so hard to implement?. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 69, 30-40.
- Zhao, L., & Zhao, Y. (2018). Purchasing Power Parity and Price Fluctuations in China before July 1937. Frontiers of Economics in China, 13(3), 458-483.
Copyright (c) 2019 International Journal of Finance & Banking Studies (2147-4486)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors contributing to IJFBS agree to publish their articles under the Creative Commons Attribution- 4.0 NC license, allowing third parties to share their work (copy, distribute, transmit) and to adapt it, under the condition that the authors are given credit, that the work is not used for commercial purposes, and that in the event of reuse or distribution, the terms of this license are made clear. Authors retain copyright of their work, with first publication rights granted to IJFBS. However, authors are required to transfer copyrights associated with commercial use to the Publisher. The authors agree to the terms of this Copyright Notice, which will apply to this submission if and when it is published by this journal
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously( exceptin the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other languages, without the written consent of the Publisher. The Editors reserve the right to edit or otherwise alter all contributions, but authors will receive proofs for approval before publication